Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Farbenmix Roxy Owl Dress


This is a long overdue update on a dress that I started a long time ago.

I did finally finish it probably about a month and a half ago but neglected to post about it. I knew as soon as I saw these fabrics from the "It's a hoot" collection that I had to do the Roxy in them.

The front and back of the dress are a twill and the sleeves and ruffles a regular cotton. What took me the longest was figuring out where exactly I wanted to put all the different prints. This is the most Farbenmix"y" I've ever gotten and it's not easy to get it right.

I am in love with this dress! It came out better than I had even dared to hope. In retrospect I would have had the same ruffle on the hem of the skirt and sleeves but by the time I finished the ruffled hem of the dress just wanted to finish it already and the red polka had been on for a while. I felt like I wanted to see my daughter wear it before before she grew out of it and if I ripped out the ruffle to make a new one it could just sit another long while before it got done.

Here are the pictures. Sorry none on my daughter but she is hating posing for pictures lately.





No comments:

Post a Comment