This is a long overdue update on a dress that I started a long time ago.
I did finally finish it probably about a month and a half ago but neglected to post about it. I knew as soon as I saw these fabrics from the "It's a hoot" collection that I had to do the Roxy in them.
The front and back of the dress are a twill and the sleeves and ruffles a regular cotton. What took me the longest was figuring out where exactly I wanted to put all the different prints. This is the most Farbenmix"y" I've ever gotten and it's not easy to get it right.
I am in love with this dress! It came out better than I had even dared to hope. In retrospect I would have had the same ruffle on the hem of the skirt and sleeves but by the time I finished the ruffled hem of the dress just wanted to finish it already and the red polka had been on for a while. I felt like I wanted to see my daughter wear it before before she grew out of it and if I ripped out the ruffle to make a new one it could just sit another long while before it got done.
Here are the pictures. Sorry none on my daughter but she is hating posing for pictures lately.