Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project wedding - Post 11

Ok, so I finally have an update. I haven't been sewing for a bit because after my last push with the gown I got sick for the first time this winter. I think I just wore myself down a bit too much. Thankfully by late yesterday I was starting to really feel like myself again and made up my mind to get a lot done today.

This morning I had a bunch of meetings that ended up running later than I had hoped and I didn't get down to my sewing room until I got home at 1:30! Earlier in the day when I realized I was going to be getting much later of a start than I was comfortable with I called a friend who knows how to sew (she's actually also giving my girls and a couple of their friends sewing lessons on Sundays) and asked her if she could come over and help me with the girls dresses. I'm so glad she came over, it helped so much. I drafted the sleeves for the two blue dresses and she sewed one set on and hemmed the cuffs. She'll be back on Monday to help me finish with the other ones and to help me make the petticoats. 

Meanwhile I was able to make the veil and sew the lace trim to the edge of the back of the dress. I know, it sounds easy but it's time consuming, meticulous work. They both also had to come out perfect because there was no way I would be able to remove these stitches once they went in!

I don't think I mentioned this before, but the bride is wearing Toms for the wedding shoes. When she told me, I couldn't help but wrinkle my nose at the idea but she was very sure it's what she wanted so I ordered them and they arrived today. These are from their "bridal collection"imagine that! When I opened the box I was very surprised at how pretty they are. What I'm going to be doing is applying the lace from the dress onto them so they will match. I think I'm going to have to hand stitch it on.
 Here are the shoes before...........


 Here I'm sewing the lace onto the veil (when my niece was here for her last fitting I had her trim out the lace for the veil while I was working on her dress. SO helpful!)
Sewn up, picture is sideways. 

 Pinning the trim to the hem of the gown

Really sweating here. This HAS to be perfect or else!!!

 I look calmer than I feel :)
 Here are the sleeves attached to the smallest blue dress. I love the way they came out. All thats left for this piece is to hem, hem the lining (see how long it is?), install the zipper and apply the trim on the waist.

And the most important pics of all so far..............



What's left for the gown? My niece is coming for her final fitting this coming Monday. My sewing fairy (my good friend Rivka) is coming over to help me so we can finish up in a few hours so I can send it home with the bride. I'm really ready to be done with it! so.......
1. Do final fitting adjustments
2. install zipper
3. hem sleeves cuffs after we (possibly) take the sleeves in a bit more
4. Hem skirt lining

Can that possibly be it? AHAHAHAHAHAH I think so!!!!!

Oh I may make her a petticoat but we'll see...........

I am TIRED!!!!! 

TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment