Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recycling Cashmere!

My husband loves cashmere sweaters. He brought some into the marriage and over the years I've bought more for him as gifts. Sadly a couple of the older ones have been tossed in the trash when they had a hole that could not be repaired discretely. This was way before sewing or crafting was even on my radar.

After this past winter I went through all his sweaters and put the ones that couldn't be worn anymore with my sewing stuff. Yesterday I carefully took them apart at the seams and look! I have a bunch a gorgeous soft cashmere. I'm going to use it to make a sweater for my 8 year old boy and maybe a 2 piece sweater outfit for my 1 year old for this winter. One of the sweaters also had this great zipper with a worn in leather zipper pull that will be great for the older boy's sweater. I'm a bit sad remembering a beautiful blue sweater that got tossed :(



No comments:

Post a Comment