Thursday, July 22, 2010

My dress form is pregnant!



So... I have a wedding to attend, like next week, well no.....a week from yesterday! Am I going to go out and buy a fancy maternity outfit when I'm 8 months pregnant that I may not wear again this pregnancy? NO! So I had an idea for a dress I wanted to make and that idea has now turned into a 2 piece design instead, top and skirt. Fabric is all washed and ready to go but I need my dress form since I'm working without a ready pattern and will need to do a lot of draping. This morning my dress form got a happy makeover and I think she looks so cute. Lets hope her back won't hurt as much as mine after standing all day with a big belly like that ;)

I'm a bit nervous because I don't have a clear idea yet of the finished project. But I think it will come out great. Whenever I embark on a creative project, be it photography, graphic design, painting etc my best work comes when I get my hands in the materials and start messing around working my brain like a blank canvas. Going into a project with a specific thing in mind might just stress me out. So I will take a deep breath and remember to stay flexible and let my creativity run wild. This is the first time I'm going to just totally wing it with sewing though. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment